I stumbled across this editorial from Obsession Magazine and fell in love with the futuristic take on the Fall ’12 collections. Ajak Deng models the likes of Chanel, Balmain, Prada, and Balenciaga with the most fierce techno warrior armor. This Chanel jacket, in particular, really caught my eye with the 3-D geometric panes on such a feminine silhouette. If it’s any indication of where Chanel is heading in the future, then let’s thank our lucky stars.
To emulate this look, I used Tuck Me In by Ginger+Liz, Royal by Love & Beauty, Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous by OPI, Big Red Machine by Deborah Lippman, and Lava and a black nail art pen by Sally Hansen.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a silver nail
2. With a pewter color, paint a sharp angle across the bottom right tip of your nail
3. With a metallic blue, paint another sharp angle starting from the top left of your nail down to the bottom third of your nail
4. Using a metallic red, paint the left side of the nail meeting the tips of the edges of the other two colors to create a silver triangle within the center of the nail
5. Outline the edges of the triangle created in the center of your nail using your black nail art pen
6. Bisect the triangle with a line that meets the point at the bottom of your nail
7. Top it off with top coat
(Photo: Fashiongonerogue.com)Tags: Ajak Deng, Chanel, Deborah Lippmann, fall, Ginger and Liz, love and beauty, Manicure Muse, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Obsession Magazine, OPI, Runway Inspired Nail Art, Sally Hansen