Joseph Altuzarra is truly the Man of 2014. With his Target collaboration dropping on Sunday, an exquisite Spring ’15 collection that showed this week, and this year’s CFDA award for Womenswear Designer of the Year under his belt, there’s no stopping him (and who would want to?). His artisanal touch and wearability of his clothes are any woman’s dream and total closet necessity.
Six months ago, after first laying eyes on Altuzarra’s Fall ’14 collection, I immediately rushed to translate this crafted woven crop top and matching skirt. Now that we’re actually in Fall, his collection is worth the revisit; this time to translate the simplicity of this black top with the pop of color. Coincidentally, both of my favorite looks are here shown together.
1. Start by painting half of your nail neon orange
2. Use a black nail striper to outline your sharp ‘V’ shape, fill in the smaller side with black
3. Fill in the remaining large portion with black– I used a regular black polish brush for this
4. Outline the inner portion of the ‘V’ with a hot pink line
5. Top it off with matte top coat
(Photos: Vogue.com, Nail Photos: Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)Tags: Altuzarra, Fall 2014, Joseph Altuzarra, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Runway Inspired Nail Art