Romance is in the air… and not just because Valentine’s Day is around the corner. The Chanel Couture Spring ’13 show was nothing short of the dreamiest love song on repeat. Organza lashes fluttered, Karl’s signature tweeds glistened, and my heart skipped a beat. As whimsical as the collection was, it also brought the drama with the dark smokey eyes and dramatic off-the-shoulder capes. As a token of my love for this look, I said “yes to the dress”, at least for my Valentine’s Day Ladyfinger.
To emulate this look, I used Noir by YSL, Floral Street by Nails Inc, and Red by Color Club’s Art Club Duo.
To get this Ladyfinger:
1. Start with a full black nail
2. Once dry, and using tape as a guide, paint the top portion of your nail white
3. Using a dotter tool, dot three touching dots to create little flowers
4. Use a pin or the art duo to dot smaller red dots within the center of the flowers
5. [OPTIONAL] Paint a thin red line at the tip of your nail
6. Top it off with top coat
(Runway photo: Vogue.com, Nail Photos by Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)Tags: Chanel, Color Club, Couture, Couture Fashion Week, Manicure Muse, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Nails Inc, Runway Inspired Nail Art, ysl, yves saint laurent