The most anticipated show of the year showed earlier this week, and Uncle Karl certainly did not disappoint. His futuristic mechanical floral garden set the scene for a bright and colorful show. Flowers bloomed over every surface: on top of shoulders, across hemlines, and even flounced upon giant Edwardian-style hats. The real showstopper, besides the iconic Chanel suits, were the exquisite veils that teased the dramatic smokey eye beneath it. Kendall Jenner was the perfect Chanel beauty. Her deep dark locks drove the drama home.
As always, it was too difficult to choose just one favorite, so here are a few of my top picks:
To get these Ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full soft white or ivory nail
2. Sponge on light blue along the tips of your nail using a makeup sponge
3. Using a dotter tool, dot on 3 light pink dots as a guide. I always like to make dots look uniform on every finger.
4. Layer on orange dots along the blue tip
So that they look like this:
5. Very gently, with the tip of your black striper add little ‘c’s to create the bud of the flower
6. Follow the cuticle curve with a thin black line
7. [Optional]: Create a thin stripe down one side of your nail
8. Top it off with top coat
(Photos: Style.com, Nail Photos: Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)Tags: Chanel, Couture, Kendall Jenner, Manicure Muse, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Runway Inspired Nail Art, Spring 2015