It was a different kind of Dallas Buyer’s Club at the Chanel Pre-Fall ’14 show this December where the fashion elite gathered for Karl’s big rodeo. Anything and everything you could imagine at a cowboys and Indians Chanel runway show was there in an “everything’s bigger in Texas” way. I’m talking suede, tweed, fringe, tassels, prairie blouses, blanket patterns, feathers, tule, embellishment, twinkling embellished stars and even holsters filled with Chanel No. 5 perfume (yes, really). Karl took the reigns of this bull fight, and, per usual, he came out on top. One of my favorite looks was this billowing dress with this fluttering fringed top in muted pastel tones. The beauty is in the details, so in keeping with it Southern charm, I present Chanel Dallas Ladyfingers.
To emulate this look, I used Provoke by Revlon, Play Koi by Sally Hansen, and a white nail striper.
To get these Ladyfingers:
1. Tape off a portion of your nail and paint the top part dark lavender
2. Paint the rest of your nail peach
3. Using a white nail striper, paint horizontal lines first bisecting where the colors meet and filling in the rest about 2/3 down your nail
4. With a small paint brush, paint the remaining portion with 2 horizontal lines of a darker coral color
5. Paint small white hashes down the center of your nail stopping where the last white one ends
6. Paint diagonal peach hashes upwards on either side of the white ones you just made
7. Layering over the peach hashes, paint a few coral hashes starting from the bottom most part
8. Using the dark lavender, add small details to create dimension
9. Top it off with top coat
(Nail Photos: Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)Tags: Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld, LOreal, Manicure Muse, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Pre-Fall 2014, Revlon, Runway Inspired Nail Art