It’s that time of year again. New York Fashion Week starts tomorrow and Mother Nature is leaving little to no room for glamour or grace. While it’s fun to dress up for fashion week, it is not fun to ruin shoes, face plant the side walk stepping over slush puddles, or flirt with frostbite. Therefore I will be ditching photo-ops for comfort and watching the fashion bloggers and editors from afar. Of course, one thing I will never compromise is a killer, high fashion manicure… and no one says high fashion quite like Christian Dior.
Dior’s “New Look” revolutionized the dress as we know it. For Pre-Fall ’14, Raf Simmons revamped the “New Look” making it relevant to today with introducing new materials. The army parka fit and flare coat with orange lining is the first piece that comes to mind, but second is this plaid look mixing high shine textiles with heavy wool. Graphic and sleek, this muted metallic plaid is the only statement of glamour I need. If you spot these floating around NYFW come say hi! And be sure to follow my backstage coverage on Instagram @missladyfinger.
To emulate this look, I used No Place like Chrome by Essie, Navy Narcissist by Maybelline’s Color Show, a black and a white nail striper.
To get these Ladyfingers:
1. Start will a full silver nail
2. Paint a vertical stripe of metallic blue just off-center
3. Using a black nail striper, paint black at the top and tip of the metallic blue stripe you just made
4. With the white striper, paint a thin white line off-center of the metallic blue stripe
5. Using a striper and the metallic blue polish, paint two thin horizontal stripes bisecting your nail
6. Layer black on top of the blue stripes that overlap the metallic blue polish
7. [OPTIONAL] Paint a thin line of metallic blue on either side of your nail
8. Top it off with matte topcoat to flatten and give a cool effect
(Photo: Vogue.com, Nail Photos: Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)Tags: Christian Dior, Essie, Manicure Muse, Maybelline, Miss Ladyfinger, nail art tutorial, nail polish, NYFW, Pre-Fall 2014, Raf Simmons, Runway Inspired Nail Art