I stumbled across this editorial of Erin Wasson for C Magazine a while ago, but still love it. This look translates to the perfect ladyfinger to kick off start of New York Fashion Week and celebrate the beginning of Fall without retiring the vibrant colors of summer. Be sure to check back frequently for exclusive behind-the-scenes coverage at #NYFW!
To emulate this look, I used High Hopes by China Glaze, Chiffon Chic by Maybelline’s Color Show, Most Wanted by Ginger+Liz, Floral Street by Nails Inc, and Sally Hansen’s black nail art pen.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full coral nail
2. With a deep mustard color, remove most of the polish from the brush
3. Paint on so it creates a streaky look
4. Repeat steps 2/3 with light pink
5. Paint a white triangle at the top of your nail with the tip towards the center
6. Once dry, dot small black clusters along the edges of the white
7. Let a few go astray
8. Create the same effect at the bottom corners of your nail
9. Top it off with top coat
(Photo: Fashiongonerogue.com)Tags: C Magazine, China Glaze, Erin Wasson, Ginger and Liz, Manicure Muse, Maybelline, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Nails Inc, Sally Hansen