It used to be that our boyfriend’s closet clothed us ladies with slouchy tees, menswear blazers, and the ever popular “boyfriend” jean, but now it seems we should keep our greedy little hands to ourselves and build a new wardrobe. In the past, fall collections have shown layers are in demand. But this year takes it to the next level. The runways are presenting menswear upon menswear a la Prada, Miu Miu, and Balmain (to name a few). Included in this round-up is Etro, which takes this concept one step further showing dandy menswear suiting distinctly made for a woman’s body— because why should our lady curves ever go unnoticed? Sharp-waisted suits and detachable leather peplums accentuate the waist. The color is subdued, but the print was all about the play on paisley. One fit ‘n’ flare dress stood out on its own as the brightest look in the collection, serving as my inspiration for this Ladyfinger.
To emulate this look, High Hopes by China Glaze, Purple by Absolute!, Caitlin by Zoya and black and white by Color Club.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Paint your full nail orange
2. Paint two stripes of magenta along either side of your nail keeping a line of orange down the center exposed
3. Using your white nail art brush, paint squiggles emulating the print within the magenta stripes
4. Paint a thin black line along the line where the orange and magenta intersect
5. Using a dotter tool (or bobby pin), dot small white dots along the black line
6. With a small paint brush, add gray accents on top of the white squiggle to create dimension
7. Top it off with top coat
(Photo: Elle.com)Tags: Absolute!, China Glaze, Color Club, Etro, Manicure Muse, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Runway Inspired Nail Art, Zoya