The collection that stole this Fall’s Haute Couture Fashion Week was hands down Giambattista Valli’s. Giving models an unapologetic tumbled-out-of-bed-went-straight-to-the-pool attitude with head turbans and sunglasses that basically say “do not disturb”, its abundantly clear that the Valli’s girls are paving the way to making hangovers IRL socially acceptable. Rejoice! No, but really everything about the collection was exquisite from mismatched floral pencil skirts to the pajama tops tucked into giant fluffy tulle skirts (a suitable hiding place for when the aforementioned hangover takes a turn for the worst—I kid). In a few simple words, I can’t stop drooling over this collection. Bravo! And so, this is my ode to Gambattista Valli in the best way I know how.
To emulate these Ladyfingers, here’s what you’ll neeed.
To get these Ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full light pink nail
2. Using a piece of aluminum foil and a make-up sponge, dab a dollop of red mixing it with a dollop of base coat to thin it
3. Dab it lightly starting from the top of your nail stopping halfway towards the tip
4. Repeat a couple more times stopping sooner and sooner until you’re just dabbing at the top of your nail
5. Using a thin brush paint curvy horizontal lines across the red portion of your nail to give it a little texture
6. Top it off with top coat! And as always, if you try this look– show me!! @Missladyfinger and #missladyfinger.
(Photo: Vogue.com, Nail Photos: Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)Tags: Couture, Essie, Giambattista Valli, Manicure Muse, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Runway Inspired Nail Art