To me, the perfect Thanksgiving outfit is one that gives (in the waist area particularly). After a turkey feast, the last thing I want to do is peel off an outfit. However, I never like to pass up the opportunity to dress for an occasion, so this J.Crew outfit is completely ideal. Loose fitting, yet colorful cashmere sweater? Check. Printed trouser pants with shine? Check. All the makings of my perfect Thanksgiving outfit. Even better is that purchasing the ingredients for this nail art is made extremely convenient and effortless with CVS/pharmacy’s brand new Nail HQ. I’m always on the hunt for the perfect colors and tools, so having everything in one place at the Nail HQ is extremely important to me. The Nail HQ rolls out this month in over 2,000 locations nationwide and features new polish collections, gel technologies, and nail strips so you can view your favorite shades outside of the bottle. Simply use the store locator to find a Nail HQ at your nearest CVS/pharmacy and be sure to check it out!
I’m giving away a $100 CVS gift card and new exclusive nail products. There’s only two simple steps to enter:
1. Upload your own fashion-inspired nail art to Instagram or Twitter
2. Make sure to use the hashtag #CVSNails
*Winner will be chosen on November 27th!
To emulate this look, I used polishes I picked up from Nail HQ, including Prickly Pear by Salma Hayek’s Nuance, Butler Please and Where’s My Chauffer by Essie, Scotch tape, and a dotter tool.
To get these Ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full blue nail
2. Once completely dry, place a piece of Scotch tape a little higher than half way up your nail
3. Paint over the exposed bottom portion with a mint green color
4. Once completely dry, remove the tape swiftly to reveal your straight edge
5. Dabble a drop of dark green polish onto a plastic plate. With your dotter tool grab a little bit of polish to make little ‘C’ shapes to create the leopard effect (be sure to leave a visual stripe of the mint green polish untouched!)
6. Top it off with top coat!
(Runway Photo: Style.com, Nail photos by Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)
*Sponsored by CVS/pharmacyTags: CVS, CVS Pharmacy, Essie, JCrew, Manicure Muse, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Nail HQ, Nuance by Salma Hayek, Runway Inspired Nail Art