ATTENTION: Wallflowers need not apply. The Just Cavalli Resort ‘13 collection is not for the timid and meek. This collection makes a bold statement with hot tropical and animal print in simple silhouettes. Clearly influenced by hip-hop culture it’s easy to close your eyes and picture M.I.A. rocking the neon cheetah bomber and revved up baseball hat. I love everything about this collection. It’s loud. It has attitude, and even more importantly, the options for nail art are endless. Although it was difficult to refrain from my own personal ladyfinger print explosion, I took a deep breath and chose this psychedelic body con dress to start.
To emulate this look, I used Carnaby Street by Nails Inc, Flying High by China Glaze and white, hot pink, blue, and black by Color Club Duo.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full yellow nail
2. Using teal, paint the corners of your nail so the tip forms in the center
3. With a black nail art pen/brush paint vertical stripes down the yellow portion
4. Continue by making 2-3 diagonal lines along the teal
5. Layer strokes of color to create a feather-like effect (start with white, then blue, then pink, and finish with black)
6. Top it off with top coat
(Photo: Fashionising.com)Tags: China Glaze, Color Club, Just Cavalli, Manicure Muse, Nail Art, Nails Inc, Runway Inspired Nail Art