It’s hard to believe that summer is officially behind us (I say this with the AC on high as I continue to clean sand out of my ears). Even though Summer ’14 went by way too fast, I must admit I am so excited for the transition into Fall. This Maison Martin Margiela look is from Spring ’14, but it’s the perfect way to whip out your fall neutrals and metallics without having to abandon your summer brights just yet.
The whole collection stayed true to the oddity that is Margiela. Off-kilter menswear tailoring was layered with fragments of garments, like sleeves and corsetry, all done up in beading. Quirky, weird and amazing all at once. It’s rare that a design house maintains its creative integrity throughout the years, so you just gotta love them.
To get these Ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full copper nail
2. Dot nude dots down the center of your nail– I alternated with 2 and then 3 horizontal dots
3. With the lighter blue/gray color, dot 1 or 2 dots along the sides of the nude ones you just made
4. With the space that’s left, dot blue dots along the edges of your nail
5. Top it off with Matte About You to flatten the look and create a cool effect
(Photos: Vogue.com, Nail Photos: Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)Tags: Maison Martin Margiela, Manicure Muse, Miss Ladyfinger, MMM, Nail Art, nail art tutorial, Runway Inspired Nail Art, Spring 2014