As summer winds down and Fall shipments start to roll out, you may notice a bevy of military-inspired looks marching into stores. Military influences are going to be a big for Fall, but it’s Marc Jacob’s take on it for the Marc by Marc Jacobs Resort ’13 collection that gives military a new taste and feel. The collection is a fashion mashup featuring polka dotted denim, jumbo-striped sweats, oversized geo-frocks (pictured here), and military anoraks in a print that’s MJ’s new take on camo. And did I mention the neon hair?
To emulate this look, I used How Romantic by L’Oreal, Trout Pout by Butter London, and Watermelon by Essie.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a fully ivory or white nail
2. Using a thin nail art brush draw two peach-colored diagonal lines across your nail forming an X
3. Fill in the spaces on the sides of the nail
4. Draw a diamond shape above and below the X
5. Fill in the diamond
6. Clean your nail art brush
7. Using a darker pink, fill in small diamond shapes within the peach diamonds
8. Top it off with top coat
(Photo: Style.com)Tags: Butter London, Essie, LOreal, Manicure Muse, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Marc Jacobs, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Resort 2013, Runway Inspired Nail Art