I’ve always had a deep love for Matthew Williamson. It likely began when I was an ambitious fashion student myself studying abroad in London. I went to an exhibition of his and dream-walked through actual garments of his ranging from the beginning of his career until then… 2008 to be exact. And I felt like I was in a silk candyland. That rush comes back to me whenever I eagerly look to his collection each season. The thing about Williamson is that he’s always making a woman feel feminine in flowy pieces, feel bold in color, and yet casually keeping cool with his styling.
The same is true for his Spring ’15 60s/70s pop vibe collection setting himself up for a smooth transition into the full force of his 70s vibe of from Fall ’16. While the fashion industry as a whole is reviving 70s, Matthew Williamson continues to do it with his own signature (as he always has) of flirty fun prints for everyone.
Here’s how to get these Ladyfingers:
1. Start with two coats of mint polish
2. Scrape the majority of black polish off the brush in the bottle and gently drag it vertically down the nail (technique is called “dry-brushing”)
3. Repeat step 3 going horizontally to create a cross hatch
4. With light pink polish, dab on different organic shapes around the nail to create flowers
5. With the tip of the black nail striper, paint in the center of the flowers to add dimension
6. Top it off with a top coat of your choosing!
(Photo: Style.com, Nail Photos: Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)