From the moment I saw this Nonoo look from the Pre-Fall ‘14 collection, I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind. The jolt of turquoise color styled with a crisp menswear tee… it all just speaks to me. No explanation of the collection was necessary, but then I discovered that Misha Nonoo was inspired by the curvature of the Guggenheim Museum (expressed in this look with the sheer inserts). Way to speak to a New York girl’s heart, Misha. Well done.
The best part about a sponge painted design is that there’s no way to perfect it. No two Ladyfingers will look the same. This concept typically comes as a challenge for a perfectionist like myself, but embrace the freedom and have fun!
To get these Ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full turquoise nail
2. Using a piece of sponge dab on teal up along the left side of your nail
3. With a darker green, layer on top of that
4. With white polish, dab heavily at the bottom of your nail and then lightly at the other corners
5. Layer more dark blue and green on accordingly
6. Create two lines of dark green along the bottom right of the nail
7. Top it off with top coat
(Photo: Style.com, Nail Photos: Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)Tags: Essie, illamasqua, Manicure Muse, Maybelline, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Nonoo, Pre-Fall 2014, Runway Inspired Nail Art, Sally Hansen