In the wake of the Peter Pilotto for Target haul that released last month, Peter Pilotto fans were probably anticipating more of the iconic bright colors and bold patterns for Fall ’14. However, bright and bold was not served this season. Instead, it was a mod podge of scenic photo prints, drapes and folds, clashing prints, and color-blocking. Once I shook the surprise element, I can’t say I hated it. Actually woven throughout all the unexpected newness were some of the Peter Pilotto themes that I know and love, like the strategic placement of their sharp color-blocking and their use of black bordering as seen in the boxy outerwear.
To emulate this look, I used Sitting Pretty by Ginger+Liz, and black, white and turquoise stripers.
To get these Ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full light pink nail
2. Paint a thick stripe of black down the center of your nail
3. Crosshatch with white on either side of your nail
4. Layer over the white crosshatch by creating turquoise crosshatch
5. In the remaining space, paint outlines of black triangles on either side of the black stripe
7. [OPTIONAL] Outline the cuticle line with black to bring the design together
8. Top it off with matte top coat
(Photo: Vogue.com, Nail Photos: Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)