Appreciating Peter Pilotto takes some training, since it’s easy to get overwhelmed due to overstimulation. For Spring ’13, the masters of digital prints, Christopher de Vos and Peter Pilotto, innovate even further. This season they build patterns not only using prints, but also by using beadwork, embroidery, and sculpted knots. What I always appreciate season after season is how they are able to create clothes that move with a woman’s body using curvilinear color-blocking. This sweater is definitely one to keep your eyes peeled for.
To emulate this look, I used Dove by Zoya, World’s End by Topshop, Floral Street by Nails Inc, and a black Sally Hansen nail art pen.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full gray nail
2. Paint a white stripe on either side of the nail
3. Paint a light blue stripe over the white stripe leaving a little exposed
4. Using your black nail art pen, draw a line where the white and blue stripes connect and along the very edge of your nail
5. Using a nail art brush, paint a thin white line in the center of the blue stripe
6. Paint small white triangles at the top and bottom of your nail
7. Top it off with top coat
(Photo: Style.com)Tags: Manicure Muse, Nail Art, Nails Inc, Peter Pilotto, Runway Inspired Nail Art, Sally Hansen, Spring 2013, Topshop, Zoya