We can always rely on Jack and Lazaro to push the modern envelope, but leave it to them to design a collection that mirrors the information overload of The Digital Age. For Spring ’13, Proenza Schouler looks to Tumblr for inspiration by featuring photo prints of random images found on the site. But it was the open patchwork and perforated leather in hi-def colors of electric acid green and red with black and white that stole the show for me. The recolored snakeskin and digital prints incorporated into the color blocking gives the collection a techno-feel. Call me “easy to please,” but somehow the beginning look of a show makes the biggest impact. I just can’t seem to shake how amazing this opening number is.
To emulate this look, I used Don’t Mess with OPI by OPI, Tweet Me by Birchbox for Color Club, Black Taxi by Nails Inc, a white nail art brush, and a black nail art pen.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full green nail
2. Using a black nail art pen, draw squiggles to create the snakeskin texture
3. Divide your nail into thirds and paint the top portion acid green
4. Paint a black stripe down the center
5. With a white nail art brush, paint two small rectangles on either side of your black stripe
6. With your black nail art pen, create a black triangle using the base against the white rectangle with the tip at the bottom of the nail
7. Dot the center of the white rectangle
8. Top it off with top coat
(Photo: Vogue.com)Tags: Birchbox, Color Club, Manicure Muse, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Nails Inc, NYFW, OPI, Proenza Schouler, Runway Inspired Nail Art, Spring 2013