Waiting for the Rag & Bone show to start at the U.S. Post Office was a bit daunting on the hot end-of-summer day, especially anticipating the layering expertise of David Neville and Marcus Wainwright. Luckily the show was a breath of fresh air with seersucker jackets, crisp white easy dresses, and touches of lace to create the notorious downtown cool vibe. Layering was still evident, but done in a refreshing deliberate way. What makes Rag & Bone a Miss Ladyfinger fave is the brand’s usual urban edge. The jolts of neon green and blue sportswear were the highlight for me, including this neon super-cropped moto jacket.
To emulate this look, I used Floral Street by Nails Inc, Onyx Rush by Maybelline’s Color Show, and Tweet Me– a color created by Birchbox with Color Club– mixed with Lime Juice by Joe Fresh to create the perfect green.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Start with a full white nail
2. Divide your nail in thirds and paint the top third of your nail green, use tape as a guide should you need it
3. Use a nail art pen to outline the black corners
4. Fill in the spaces using black
5. Remove any excess around your cuticle with a Cutex corrector pen
6. Top it off with top coat
(Photo: Vogue.com)Tags: Birchbox, Color Club, Cutex, Joe Fresh, Manicure Muse, Maybelline, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Nails Inc, NYFW, Rag & Bone, Runway Inspired Nail Art