It seems that designers all over the world are looking East for inspiration. Much like the Proenza Schouler AW’12 collection here in New York, Sportmax also showcased martial arts and Asian influences by way of short sleeved jackets and quilted belts in Milan. This is one of my favorite looks from the collection. The boxy shift dress works double duty with curvy paneling keeping the look feminine. The best part, however, is the double-tiered structured cap-sleeves.
To emulate this look, I used Devonshire Row, Holland Park and Chelsea by Nails Inc.
To get these ladyfingers:
1. Paint your full nail black
2. Paint a lighter purple-colored symmetrical rounded shape within the black part of your nail
3. Follow the inside of the shape by painting a smaller one with a darker colored purple
4. Using a nail art pen, draw hashed lines to create the quilting effect
5. Top it off with top coatTags: Fall 2012, Manicure Muse, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Nails Inc, Runway Inspired Nail Art, Sportmax