It is the biggest night in fashion, and this year’s “Punk” theme left little room to disappoint. Whether those in attendance were spot on (looking at you Anne Hathaway) or tragically missed the mark (looking at you Kim Kardashian), it was easy to be entertained without having to listen to the hosts– I mean, who cuts off Dame Vivienne Westwood anyway? While I have a feeling that America’s humble heart throb will be trumped in the “Best Dressed” lists by celebs and fashionistas, that doesn’t mean she should be overlooked. TSwift looked absolutely stunning in this sheer paneled J.Mendel gown.
To emulate this look, I used Auspicious Propice by Jin Soon, black and gold foil flakes by Color Club and a tweezer.
To get these Ladyfingers:
1.Start with a sheer gray nail
2. Using a black nail art brush, dissect the nail with a horizontal line and create outlines for the bottom of the nail
3. Fill in the two shapes you made
4. Slightly above the horizontal line, create an ‘M’ shape and fill it in
5. Create two sharp triangles that meet in the center point of the ‘M’
6. Using gold foil and tweezers, apply a layer of top coat and gently place gold along the cuticle line
7. Seal it in with another layer of top coat
(Photo from Style.com, Nail photos by Taryn Multack for Miss Ladyfinger)Tags: Color Club, Giles Mendel, Jin Soon, JMendel, Manicure Muse, Met Gala, Met Gala 2013, Miss Ladyfinger, Nail Art, Runway Inspired Nail Art, Taylor Swift